An Idea Whose Time Has Come
- Skilled workers can join for free and many have been identified and pre-loaded with the support of Michigan Works! Agencies.
- The portal is marketed worldwide to global manufacturers across multiple industries.
- Manufacturers identify skilled resources for a project and negotiate an hourly rate with the worker.
- Through our partnerships with Autodesk (Autodesk Assistance Program - PDF) and Kelly Services, 2D and 3D design software, training, certification, W2 processing, vetting and other employee benefits are available.
- Direction is communicated and tracked within the project management system via workflows and tasks.
- Projects are assigned to individuals or groups with managed security levels for effective collaboration.
- Company’s make payments into a secure escrow account within the portal.
- The worker is paid through via the escrow account.
- Both the worker and the company rate each other at the end of each project.
Advantages to the Worker
- Work from home for any company in the world
- Utilize available software and project management tools to complete projects
- Ability to work for more than one company and set your own hours
- Opportunity to diversify into a different industry
- Ability to cross-train in other software platforms
Advantages to the Company
- Immediately engage and secure the most highly skilled resource regardless of geographic boundaries
- Significantly reduce overhead
- Labor rates are now competitive with overseas "low cost" solutions
- Contracting allows you to remain nimble with scalability
- Companies can engage resources without making long-term commitments